MALDEF National Law Firm Partnership Program
MALDEF established its National Law Firm Partnership Program to augment MALDEF litigation resources and provide private firm attorneys experience on complex civil rights impact litigation. This program is a collaborative program that aims to meet the needs of law firms, which seek to recruit and train a diverse workforce, and of MALDEF, which represents the Latino community on cutting edge issues such as voting rights, education, and immigration. MALDEF has a proud tradition of historic legal victories, and this program provides opportunities for cooperation on its legal projects and support for other areas of its work. For more information, please contact us at 213-629-2512 or send us a message.
For an annual tax-deductible donation, the Law Firm Partnership Program offers law firms and their employees the following benefits:
- Briefing by MALDEF President and General Counsel, Director of Litigation, and Regional Counsels on MALDEF’s current docket, legislative action, and legal developments in voting rights, immigration, employment, education, and related areas of law.
- Collaboration with MALDEF litigators on appellate matters, including identifying cases, researching and preparing briefs, and conducting moot sessions for oral arguments.
- Collaboration with MALDEF litigation staff on investigation, pre-trial strategy, discovery, trial advocacy, and representation involving voting rights, immigrant rights, employment discrimination, education, and similar issues.
- Opportunities for law firm partners and associates to serve as mentors and guest speakers through MALDEF’s Parent School Partnership (PSP) Program and the Youth Leadership Program (YLP).
- Opportunities for the law firm to place summer associates at one of our five regional offices for four to six weeks and to place full-time associate attorneys for extended periods at MALDEF’s national headquarters or a regional offices. Subject to further conversation, these law firm attorneys will remain law firm employees for pay, benefits, and other purposes.
- An invitation to participate at two annual salon dinners to discuss current issues affecting the Latino community.
- One priority table of 10, program recognition, and a special invitation to the VIP reception at one of MALDEF’s five regional Awards Dinner (Los Angeles, Atlanta, Washington D.C., San Antonio and Chicago).
- Networking opportunities at various MALDEF-sponsored events.
- Inclusion in the weekly MALDEFian E-Newsletter, which provides up-to-date information on MALDEF’s litigation, advocacy, policy, and educational activities.